Friday, February 20, 2009

Inspiration For a Passionate Nissan 370Z

by Tim Joseph

When I was a kid growing up in the Detroit area I used to love to draw pictures of cars. While I wasn't very good at it I dreamed of fast exotic sports cars and what it would be like to drive them. Some kids were much better than I was and have turned that passion and talent into a career that represents the imagination inside all of us.

Randy Rodriguez is the man behind the 2009 Nissan 370Z. He was a kid just like me, in fact he's just a year younger. He used to fill his notebooks with his dreams of fast and exciting sports cars. I read a very inspiring article about how he came to design the new 370Z. He is 31 years old, working at the Nissan Design America in San Diego, CA. He graduated from Detroit's College for Creative Studies. Rodriguez deisgned the vehicle after Datsun 240Z which he is very passionate about.

It is no suprise that the new 2009 370Z was designed after the 240Z. That was my observation from the first time I saw it on October 9, 2008. The 370Z will hit the lots in the next couple months. We'll keep you updated.