Monday, August 29, 2011

Wildcats Football Wins Showdown

After making it to the Division 1 state championship last fall, the Plymouth Wildcats football team opened the 2011 season Saturday with a 47-13 win over Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central.

The match was a part of the Big Day Prep Showdown at Eastern Michigan University, a three-day event run by the nonprofit Detroit Sports.

Senior running back Dante Fox started the team on the right track, running 59 yards for a touchdown on the first play of the first possession.

"That got me hyped up," Fox said after the game Saturday. "I was dreaming about it all night. I could't sleep because I was thinking about the game. The one thing I wanted to do was, on my first run, score to set the tone for the team."

Plymouth held Catholic Central scoreless until the fourth quarter.

The Wildcats' next game is Thursday at Howell High School.

As Read on: http://canton-mi.patch.com/articles/wildcats-football-wins-showdown#photo-7514574