Monday, November 17, 2008

2009 370Z Debut


By Tim Joseph.
The all new 2009 Nissan 370Z is about to make it's North American debut at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show... kind of. Aparently there was an unveiling party thrown by Edmunds.com's Inside Line this weekend and here is a picture of one of the new Z cars. I love that Nissan is bringing back a bright blue color. I was sad that they decided to drop the Daytona Blue from the 350Z. When I first wrote about this vehicle on October 9th I said that it looked like they were trying to get the look of an old Datun 240Z but updated with the look of a 350Z. Below I'll post a link to a video where others make the same observation. There was one of the exterior design engineers on hand who said his first car was a 240Z and that is the look they were going for. The new design is more aggressive looking, has Nissan's new boomerang style headlights and the new Nissan interior design. The vehicle is shorter and more powerful than the 350Z. I'll get my first look at this car at the 2009 North American International Auto Show here in Detroit in January. If you're in the Los Angeles area next week you can see it there.