Friday, June 27, 2008

Tim's Travel Tips: Ann Arbor Hands On Museum


by Tim Joseph

This week's weekend get away is to the Ann Arbor Hands On Museum. I visited this museum in 2nd grade. We took the Am Track from Wayne and arrived in Ann Arbor. The thing I remember the most was the giant bubbles. Huge tubs filled with soapy water and sticks with ropes on them. I must have really been enjoying it because my teacher pulled me aside and said "Don't tell anyone, but we're going to do this in class in a couple weeks". It was our secret. The museum has hundreds of exhibits. A lot more than when I was there.

I haven't been there since then but my 10 year old has. I probably wont wait too long before going back.

Hours are Monday-Saturday 10am to 5pm and Sunday from noon-5pm. Admission is $8 for ages 2 and up, free for kids under 2 and free with a museum membership.